So I got back home from the furniture show in Vegas on Saturday at 4:30 in the morning. It turned out to be not as great as we had expected. 6 months ago the building we spent most of our time in wasn't finished so many of the exhibitors were outside in tents in temporary booth spaces. With the new building being finished the exhibitors mostly had permanent store fronts in the building so they weren't looking to unload all their furniture before they headed back to China and India. This made it more difficult to find the temporary booths, there were basically only 2 floors of these and I didn't find any large furniture pieces that I wanted to get.
I did get a dining room table and chairs and a sitting area table with 2 chairs. That was all I ended up with. Our friend Zane got a bed, a dresser, and some art work. So it wasn't a total bust, we got good deals on what we did purchase, the biggest problem was taking the stuff to the vehicle. I would estimate that we had to carry each piece of furniture nearly 1/3 of a mile to the truck. In the Vegas heat of 109 degrees, THAT SUCKED!!! We started taking items out of the building at 4 p.m. and finished around 9 p.m.
So, I think I may go back in the future but only for home accessories and decorations, it's just too big a hassle to get the big ticket furniture and get it back home. Zane and I were seriously dying after several trips carrying furniture a really, really long way.
On a different note, we went to check out the new house and on the way back we saw something kind of funny. It's frequent to see welcome home signs on highway overpasses made from plastic cups stuck between the holes in the fence, typically it's something like "Welcome home Elder Johnson", well today we saw one that was a little different.
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Furniture show results
Posted by JT at 10:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
You've got the Spring Valley Ward's young men secretary at the touch of a couple buttons and you didn't call?! You a foo!! I could've had you packed with a Baja Fresh buritto to boot in half an hour with these strapping young men. Your house looks great. By the way, next time you come to Vegas I wanna sell you a ring. Haha :) Brass and glass! YEEHAW!
Post a Comment