Monday, June 16, 2008

The promised news

Ok, so last time we mentioned the possibility of building a house and I guess it's official, we're going to do it. We've picked out all of our options and colors and gidgets and gadgets galore. Right now we hear that the builders are pulling the permits to start building and we'll be good to go!

As for what we've been up to since we posted last (yes I realize it was almost a month ago and I am not so good at keeping it up to date) we had a wedding in the family, Brig and Stephanie got married at long last. Way to go rookies!!! I came to the reception completely unprepared to get payback on Brigon's car, and apparently my mother-in-law doesn't wear bright red wet-n-wild lipstick so I had nothing to work my craft with. I guess somebody on Stephanie's side of the family got her car to some degree, but I missed out. That doesn't mean I can't vandalize his clown car anyway, we'll just pretend they were JUST MARRIED!!!

We got a couple of good pictures of Kaleb in his little tuxedo thinking he was hot stuff. All his cousins looked really good in their tuxes. Here is a picture of Kaleb in his.


Anyway, it was fun and a good time was had by all.

A few nights later Kaleb and I went to a concert over at Thanksgiving Point. It was a band called Secondhand Serenade. They are pretty good and have some decent songs. Kaleb won the tickets when some radio station people were at a model home we happened to be signing papers at. They made sure he "won" on their wheel of prizes and he got to choose whatever he wanted. Well, he wanted those tickets and everytime we tried to get him to take something else he refused, so I told him I'd take him to the concert.

Here is a video from the band in case you don't know who they are.



Kaleb had a blast, he was mesmerized as always when we go to concerts. After the concert was done, the singer came straight out to say hi to Kaleb, it was pretty cool that he took time out after the concert to wade through all the screaming teenage girls to talk to a 3-year-old. He told Kaleb that he had a 2 year old and that Kaleb could drum for his band when he gets a little older. So of course Kaleb thought he was pretty cool once again. Then we went home and it was time for a 3-year-old to go to bed. But here is a picture of us telling mommy goodbye as we headed out to the concert.


And don't ask what THIS face is about, but I thought it was kind of funny.



And with that, we're done for now. Oh yeah, and I started a new job with Applegate HomeCare and Hospice. Later!

3 comments:

Chemenn said...

amazing how such a young boy can have such a love for music!

JT said...

They'll like anything you want them to if you are estute in the ways of brain-washing. :)

Julie said...

ROCK ON!! Okay, Kaleb is so cute in his tuxedo! I know what you mean about the permits seeming to take forever! But it will be started before you know it. We just try not to go over there every day to check the progress and then it goes a little faster. Jeff stops by coming home from work and gives me the update. I'm so excited for you guys and Congrats on the new job!