Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Look at my hole!!!



That doesn't sound right, but that's basically the point of this post. Our builder dug the hole today that will eventually hold our house! We are pretty excited to actually see that our new place is on it's way up. Kaleb is certainly excited, but I think alot of that had to do with all the tractors, backhoes, and steamroller/compactors that were out there. The hole doesn't look all that deep, but yes, we will have a basement. There will be a good amount of dirt brought in to build up the lot after the foundation is poured.

The picture above was taken by Kaleb, giving his props to the workers I guess.
We will keep our blog updated as we go through the process. We are told that the builders would like to close around the end of September, so this could be a quick process.

3 comments:

The Knudsen Family said...

That is one sweet hole you've got there!! Great job guys, I can't wait to see the final product. Kelly and I have talked about building our own home as well. Some day. Actually I have already drawn up all of the plans! Well, have fun and keep on posting updates.

Shannon Abbott said...

Yah!!! I like your hole :)

Julie said...

Nice hole! Isn't it exciting, I can't wait to see the finished product!