Sunday, July 13, 2008

Foundation and a Crock Pot

We went to check out the progress on our new place today and it's moving along rather nicely. Our foundation has been poured, window wells installed, and some of the basement plumbing has been put in. From what I can tell, the next steps will be to finish the plumbing in the basement, then pour the basement floor. Here are a couple of pictures of the progress:






Now, lets party! It's Joelle's Birthday today. She isn't one for anything elaborate, so we had dinner at her parents house and cake and ice cream with her family. So, what do you get somebody that you have no idea what to get them most of the time? The item they've been dropping hints at for the last 2 months. A CROCK POT!!! I think the comment that sealed the deal came when we were having a normal everyday conversation and in mid-sentence Joelle says "I was just thinking how nice it would be to have a crock pot." I realize that cooking items aren't exactly the best birthday present, I guess they don't send the best message, but with completely random hints I didn't have a choice. I think we're going to get a wii as a combo gift, so the crock pot doesn't end up the only think I got her (yes, she wants a wii, it's not me trying to get another gaming system! although it will be fun)

So with that said, Happy Birthday Joelle! Kaleb and I love you very much! You don't look a day over 48. It's true, she doesn't. :)

4 comments:

The Knudsen Family said...

Sweet pics. I'm jealous of your root cellar. Vegas is not know for having these or a basement for that matter! By the way, Happy Birthday Joelle. Jim is rude....
You don't look a day over 47. ;)
(Hurray for JackRabbit throw downs)

Eames said...

Happy Birthday Joelle!!!!!
We HAVE to go out!!!!!!!!!!

I am SOOOOOOOO excited for you to move in and be my almost neighbor!!!

Eames said...

I drove past the house today. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chemenn said...

I hope you had a great day Joelle. Jim- if you need crock pot recipes so you can cook dinner, let me know!